We have created a growing reputation for providing practical current and well-structured advice and documentation. This status has been achieved through our extensive regional know-how and competencies that enable us to advise on all aspects of employment issues, including transactional work, day to day employee relations advice and employment litigation. Our range of services includes advice on immigration and residency rules, compliance with the Ministry of Labour enactments; staff benefits and incentive schemes; end of service and gratuity settlements; drafting and remodelling of service contracts; redundancy and termination management, and all other kinds of employment contract documentation. Our clients include a large number of expatriates, local & international companies, government owned entities, and other law firms. We are also the law firm of choice for many leading law firms in the US, UK, Europe, the Indian sub-continent and the Asia-Pacific region.
Typically, we assist clients with:
- Contractual documentation – preparation of policies, procedures and contractual documentation including offer letters, standard form employment contracts, customised service agreements for all categories of staff, including directors and senior executives, internal policies & employee handbooks, secondment arrangements and termination letters.
- Immigration and Ministry of Labour regulations – advising on residency and employment status issues in Dubai and other Emirates, employee registration formalities, short-term assignments and secondment arrangements, statutory end of service entitlements and termination considerations.
- Corporate Issues – Employment aspects of acquisitions, disposals and business reorganisations, including due diligence & other related reports; redundancy programmes; changing terms and conditions; and transfer of employees.
- Employee Relationship – advising on the creation and management of all forms of staff benefit and incentive schemes; disciplinary, dismissal and grievance procedures; settlement negotiations; and severance agreements.
- Contentious representation – Litigation assistance and/or representation before relevant labour authorities, labour courts and other authorities by working together with our Dispute Resolution teams.